This coming November, on the 12th, 13th and 14th, we will start another of our palm-tree training courses offered by TodoPalmera.
There are still all the places available although they are limited, as they are courses for very small groups of only 3 students per course.
Our training offer is focused on both new palm growers with no experience and zero level in palm trees, as well as for professionals in the sector who want to perfect themselves in a specific discipline or technique. If there is the case of having students of different levels in the same course, being such small groups, our teacher adapts to each level and offers training simultaneously in different degrees of experience adapting to each student.
Throughout the year we carry out several courses between the months of September to May, avoiding the hottest months, as it can be hard for new students. Our courses are 100% practical and what we do is transmit all our knowledge acquired in almost 30 years in the palm tree sector, without wasting time with theory that is not combined with our own practice and without spending half a year sitting in a classroom viewing power point presentations. Our goal is for the student to finish the course with well-learned practical skills since we must make the most of that time.
Our courses are offered in several languages (Spanish, Valencian, English and French).
TodoPalmera is registered as a non-regulated training company and has an PPE for each student so that from minute 1 until the end of the course, they are at all times practicing and learning.
In the courses, all the knowledge inherited from parents to children by the palm-growers’ guild is transmitted, which are the ones that really provide you with the tools to earn a living in this millenary profession.
Currently, the trade cannot be learned in vocational training institutes, so it is not possible to obtain official palm tree titles.
At the end of the course, a teacher’s diploma is delivered certifying that the knowledge has been transmitted and the student is able to carry out the work of palm tree maker.
There is an intensive short course of 20 hours and another of 100 to 120 hours depending on the student’s ability to learn. The course is usually “one to one”, only one student per course, although in some cases a maximum of 3 students per course could be admitted. The teacher completely devotes himself to his student until he manages to get the best of him to turn him into a professional.
* Check the price of each course.
CONTENTS OF THEORETICAL TRAINING
- History of the Elche palm grove since its inception.
- Typology of palm orchards and types of plantations.
- Recognition and location of historic gardens.
- Knowledge of other palm groves in the world and their uses.
- Palmerero and the work he does.
- Recognition of species and varieties of palm trees.
- Uses and exploitation of the palm tree.
- Irrigation and other care of the palm grove.
- Agronomic study of the palm tree.
- Pests, pathologies and disorders of the palm tree.
- Presentation and correct use of work tools.
- Date cultivation.
- White palm cultivation
- Work english
CONTENTS OF THE PRACTICAL TRAINING
- Use of cutting tools on the ground.
- The different climbing systems.
- How to access the palm tree.
- How to pass walloons.
- How to form flanges and the different models that can be made.
- How to make complicated bent palm trees.
- Professional pruning at height.
- Visual detection of pests and pathologies in the palm tree.
- How to treat palm trees using all existing methods.
- Biological treatment in palm trees and trapping.
- Cutting, abatement and removal of palm trees.
- Transformation of palm tree waste into furniture and decoration elements.
- Planting and transplants of small and large palm trees.
- Palm tree pollination.
- Thinning and selection of female inflorescences.
- Dates bundle.
- Harvesting the date.
- Types of dates.
- Conservation and maturation of the date.
- Realization of capuruchos, (encaperuzado of palm trees).
This theoretical or practical training that appears in these previous lists, can be adapted to the student and the time of each course depending on whether they choose the intensive option of 20 hours or the long one of 120 hours.
THE COURSE INCLUDES
RC insurance for students.
Provision of equipment and tools to each student.
All Epis are provided to the student so that they comply with the regulations on occupational risks, safety and hygiene.
Tutorials during and after the course.
Diploma delivery at the end of the course.
To reserve a place, you can call or send WhatsApp to the TodoPalmera number Tel: +34 606 56 65 78
We hope this information has been useful to you.